Wednesday, August 24, 2016
We wanted to tell you a little bit about our trip to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute today! We met with Brenda Goodell and Julie Wood - they oversee all of the fundraising for DFCI and the Jimmy Fund. They were so nice and took us on a great tour.
Some things we learned:
- Dana-Farber raised 250 MILLION dollars last year through philanthropy - are WE philanthropists??? Heath and I hope to see our names on their walls one day!!!
- Every dollar of funds raised at the Pan-Mass Challenge goes DIRECTLY to Dana-Farber. Last year they raised 45 MILLION DOLLARS! This is so cool - our parents are hoping to ride next year!
- The Red Sox and Dana-Farber have the longest charitable relationship in all of professional sports. Owners Tom and Jean Yawkey named the Jimmy Fund the team's official charity in 1953.
Some things we really liked:
- The Zebrafish Wall (who knew we shared DNA with FISH!?)
- The "Human-Nature" leaf sculpture in the lobby
- The nature gardens
- The kids names spray painted on the beams that you can see through the windows from the children's wing and the PMC Bridge.
We need YOU!
We hope that you will continue to support Bennett Brothers Balm and our efforts to raise money for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - it is truly an amazing place and we are so proud to be a part of what they are doing to help our friend Timmy get better.
Thanks again and we love you all!!!!
xoxo Harry & Heath